That's a cool birth date! That's the date we're going for with our little/big Bentlie Michael Bassett.
Got to the hospital this morning at 6:30, started oxytocin (pit) at 8:30. But it's now 3:00 and not much is happening, except that Bentlie has been kicking my ribs. Grandpa and Grandma Cordis called me about noon. I have done a lot of walking, and walking, and walking, making the loop with Grandma Joyce and Grandma Bassett. I've been chewing a lot of ice, since I couldn't eat all day--until the Dr. came in and checked me this afternoon for the second time and said she didn't see much happening. They had the pit cranked up to the max, and still nothing. So they put me on "pause" for the evening (minimal dose of pit in my IV) and said we'll try it again tomorrow. The Dr. said the good thing was that I could eat dinner and watch a movie. But the dinner they brought me wasn't even good. Couldn't even officially be called dinner--more like a "lunchable." (Don't tell--I found a bunch of Russ's leftover french fries and downed 'em in flash, ketchup and all.)
The kids were at daycare all day since we were pretty sure today was the day. Joyce stayed with me while Russ and Grandma B went to get the kids from daycare. Then Grandma stayed with the kids for the night and Russ came and spent the night on the couch in our room. Didn't sleep much, but at least Russ was here.
So much for 8/9/10! (Weeping and wailing!)
Art festival
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment