Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8-10-10

Okay, now that that didn't work, we're looking for great things about 8-10-10. So far we know it's Austin's birthday; and Grandma Joyce's dog, Sheena's, birthday; and Bentlie will be Grandpa & Grandma Bassett's 10th grandson. And after all, if Bentlie is born today it will be a great day!

They had me on low level pit all night and bumped it up incrementally all morning. Russ had pity on me and stayed with me, even though he had workshops today. I'm sure he'd rather be here than at workshops anyway. I didn't sleep very well (imagine that)!

Grandma Joyce came in early. Grandma B got the kids ready and off to daycare this morning and said something about, "I don't know how Kristie does it." She got here a little before noon. Russ and I watched a movie again this morning while Joyce read in her book and Grandma B worked on these two blogs. She said she's never done a blog before, so she's experimenting on mine and having fun. Grandma Joyce read to me while Russ and Grandma B went to lunch.

Russ had to leave at 1:00 to get a fit-tested on a respirator he has to wear sometimes during work. I got an epidural at 2:00. It's 3:00 now and I can still move my feet. The contractions are close enough and hard enough that I feel like I should be progressing, but the baby is still too high. The anesthesiologist is coming back now to redo the epidural because evidently it didn't "take."

6:00 p.m.
At 3:30 Dr. Chisdak was supposed to do a procedure to help Bentlie get more ready. We got into the OR and the epidural wasn't working again so they tried again. It still didn't work, but at least the Dr. got to do the procedure and it really helped. I'm now at a 7-1/2. Everything is ready.

No comments: